Search our articles for relevant answers to your questions

When is the deposit deadline?

Please refer to your quote/invitation letter with the payment schedule specified, otherwise please email debtors@travelandsport.com

What happens if I miss the deposit deadline?

Please email us on info@travelandsport.com

What are the banking details?
Can we make forward payments?

Please discuss this with your tour consultant, or email us at info@travelandsport.com

Can Travel and Sport help with sponsorships?

We offer a free raffle form and a sponsorship letter to assist you in raising funds for the tour. For more information please email us on info@travelandsport.com

What happens if I cancel my child’s participation in the tour?

Please refer to our terms and conditions https://travelandsport.com/travel-sport-terms-conditions/


Is it necessary for me to complete the online booking form if I have already sent in the reply slip?

Yes, it is compulsory to complete the online booking form.

I struggle to upload documents on the online booking form?

Some client’s computers have certain blocking software/closed ports that cause them not to be able to upload, or even use the form.  Please change devices or email the documents to info@travelandsport.com with reference of the tour your child will be going on.

Will there be a Travel and Sport representative on the tour?

We make use of Travel & Sport representation. Based on your specific quote, you would have one of the following: a tour manager who accompanies the group throughout, a travel guide for excursions, or a Travel and Sport staff member touring with the group. This would be quote specific.

Can family go with on the tour?

Please confirm if the school’s policy allows for this. However, Travel and Sport do offer supporter packages.

What is a passport?

It is an identity document required by all South African’s to enter any country outside of South African borders.

How do I apply for a passport?

You can apply for a passport at any Department of Home Affairs office. Children applying must be accompanied by both biological parents.

What is an unabridged birth certificate?

It is a full birth certificate that contains both biological parents’ details as well as the child’s details.

How do I apply for an unabridged birth certificate?

You can apply for an unabridged birth certificate at any Department of Home Affairs office near you.

What are immigration documents?

It is a set of documents required by immigration officers at border/passport control points for minors under 18 years of age. This set of documents consist of:

  • Original Home Affairs Parental Consent Affidavit Form
  • Certified copy of the child’s unabridged birth certificate
  • Certified copy of mother’s ID or Passport
  • Certified copy of father’s ID or Passport

If any of the above is unclear or if your child has special circumstances please send an email to info@travelandsport.com

What is a visa?

A visa is an official document granting a traveller permission to enter a country of which he/she is not a citizen. Not all countries request that you have a visa. It will also depend on the traveller’s type of passport.

How do I apply for a visa and what documents are needed for a visa application?

Please send an email to visainfo@travelandsport.com Remember to specify on which tour your child will be going on and to which countries they will be touring.

How much spending money do we budget for?

We suggest a minimum of R5 000 at discretion of the parents. This is over and above the money budgeted for meals not included in the tour package.

How to budget for meals not included?

Please refer to your quotation to see which meals are currently included and which aren’t.

  • Average price per lunch is EUR10 / per Dinner EUR20 in Europe


  • Average price per lunch is USD10 / per Dinner USD20 in the USA


  • Average price per lunch is GBP10 / per Dinner GBP20 in the UK


  • Average price per lunch is UAE10 / per Dinner UAE20 in Dubai


  • Average price per lunch is USD8 / per Dinner USD15 in all eastern countries
What payment methods can be used on tour?

You can pay for purchases in cash or with a debit/credit card. Please contact your bank for more information on forex debit cards.

What is forex?

Forex is any other currency that is different to the South African currency.

How do I get forex?

To exchange ZAR for any other currency please visit your closest bank with a bureau de change or any other bureau de change.

How do we communicate with our children while they are on tour?

We recommend your child activates sms roaming. In this way you can communicate via sms and when you child is in a wifi area he/she can access Whatsapp and other social media platforms.

How may bags am I allowed to take on tour?

The general luggage allowance for most airlines are:

Check in Luggage: 1 x 23 kg

Hand Luggage: 1 x 7 kg

What snacks can I pack?

For checked in luggage, please make sure there is no fresh produce (meat, fruit, vegetables and dairy). Therefore, we recommend snack bars, protein bars, chips, biscuits etc. For hand luggage, no food or beverages may be taken on to the plane.

For any additional information please send an email to info@travelandsport.com